Gain Experience as a Summer Intern
Horizons is looking for passionate high school and college students to join our stellar team of interns each summer. Any individual with an interest in education, working with children, or making a difference in his/her community is encouraged to apply!
Here are some of the things our interns do every summer:
- Lead small group instruction in partnership with lead and assistant teachers
- Model good behaviors while swimming and during field trips/enrichment activities
- Gain experience working with a team of educators
- Receive mentorship and guidance as well as a letter of recommendation from teachers
- Tutor and help students to gain valuable reading and math skills
- Make a difference for students in the Horizons program
An internship at Horizons is a serious commitment. Intern applicants must be willing to work Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. for 3 weeks or 6 weeks over the summer. Our summer program runs from June 12 - July 19. As an intern you will be responsible for building strong mentor relationships with our students and working on small group instruction in collaboration with lead teachers, so consistency and reliability is extremely important. In turn, you will receive valuable learning experience in direct youth service as well as a letter of recommendation from Horizons staff.
If you think this internship is a good fit for you, apply today. Applications for 2019 will open in December 2018.
Check out what our previous interns have to say about Horizons: